Unit 7: Athabasca Landing
After studying this unit you should be able to:
- Set up and individualize your Athabasca Landing account.
- Identify the features of the Elgg / Athabasca Landing social software.
- Discuss future uses of social software in the field of distance education.
- Demonstrate how to use the blog feature in Athabasca Landing and to respond to one of your colleagues' blogs.
- Understand the privacy issues related to social networking sites.
Anderson, T. (2010). Social Networking. In S. Mishra (Ed.), E-Learning: STRIDE Handbook 8 (pp. 96-101). New Delhi: IGNOU. Retrieved from https://webserver.ignou.ac.in/institute/STRIDE_Hb8_webCD/Chapter%2016.pdf
Various HELP files on Athabasca Landing.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (2008) Social Networking Sites and Privacy. Available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UFW_v0G45M&feature=channel_page
The Athabasca Landing belongs to the category Social Software.
To see my experience with the Athabasca Landing and a variety of social software options, please click here:Social Software